Thinking of a new floor, but have budget concerns? The flooring experts at Cyndi’s Carpet tell us that sales of luxury vinyl tile is going through the roof!
Luxury Vinyl Tile Is Eco-Friendly
That’s right. Are you surprised? Despite the fact that any vinyl isn’t natural, it does have a long life, almost 20 years. Since that reduces need for raw materials and energy, it actually makes the carbon footprint pretty reasonable.
It’s also completely recyclable. In fact, when these floors are pulled up, the scraps are often used in other vinyl products.
That makes a lot of those products qualify for credits under LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design), a rating system developed by the U.S. Green Buildings.
Other Reasons to Love Luxury Vinyl Tile
● Stylish. This is not the vinyl flooring you may remember from years ago. The photographic image is a remarkable simulation of the look of tile or stone. Today, there are so many colors, patterns and textures from which to choose, it can easily fit into any design style, from the most traditional to casual.
● Durable. There’s a clear plastic wear layer on top of the photographic image. That makes it highly stain, fade and scratch-resistant, so you can’t “walk it off.”
● Water proof. Because of this, it can be installed in high or medium moisture level rooms where some other types of flooring can’t go, such as full bathrooms.
● Easy to maintain. All you need is a broom and a soft mop and gentle detergent. (It’s a good idea to ask your flooring expert about a manufacturer-approved detergent.) By the way, if you have pets, kids or just heavy foot traffic, you may want to take advantage of the large color and design assortment; multi-colors can hide a lot of “challenges.”
● Kid and Pet-friendly. Luxury vinyl tile isn’t really a hard surface, so there are minimal worries about hard falls. It’s also one of the pet-friendliest floorings around. There’s good traction, so you don’t need to worry about pets slipping, sliding and hurting themselves, and you certainly don’t need to be concerned about toppled water dishes or “accidents.”
● Simple To install. It can be installed over existing flooring, so no need to pull up the old first, which can add dollars to the installation cost.
Come into Cyndi’s Carpet in Rock Hill, SC, so our flooring experts can show you this terrific flooring.